10th June 1874
perf 12½, Crown CC wmk, typo
Printed by De La Rue, London.
|1 penny lilac||1||1|
|3d red brown||1875||3||3|
|6d blue green||5||6|
|1 shilling orange||1875||6||8|
† Date of issue, where not 1874.
Gibbons  lists Lagos at the beginning of Nigeria. Scott  has a separate listing and notes the following checkered administrative history:
- 1861 - bought by the British and administered from Sierra Leone
- 1874 - became part of Gold Coast
- 1886 - Protectorate of Lagos established
- 1899 - "Lagos and the territories of the Royal Niger Company were surrendered to the Crown of Great Britain and formed into the Northern and Southern Nigeria Protectorates"
- 1906 - "Lagos and Southern Nigeria were united to form the Colony and Protectorate of Southern Nigeria."